PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The purpose of this position is the overall development and management of the engineering and facilities team and programs serving Commercial Medical Office buildings. Responsible for the on-going development, implementation and general execution of engineering training, skills advancement processes, working procedures and delivery of maintenance services. This involves the coordination, communication and management for the maintenance engineering staff located in 9 States.
Additionally, the position is responsible for the implementation and management of various asset sustainability programs, building efficiency reclamation projects, strategic utility reduction programs, building systems cataloging, development of building standards and implementation of in-house HVAC Servicing programs.
The position reports to the Vice President Facilities Engineering & Construction, takes direction and has regular communication with various members of the executive leadership team. Works with the Facilities Engineering & Construction Management staff as well as Property Management & Operations staff, as needed for strategic direction of various initiatives to advance the efficiencies and training of the facilities and engineering staff.
The position is located in the Scottsdale, AZ office and will require travel to various markets within the United States on a regular basis to both evaluate and implement trainings and performance of engineering personnel as well as programs that revolve around building efficiencies and sustainability programs.
- Research, Lead and Provide guidance to building engineering staff on various energy reduction projects
- Evaluate Payback and Return on Capital investments associated with building system capital expenditures
- Manage the ongoing engineering training program.
- Oversee the commercial building compliance program ensuring the engineering program is keeping proper records, initiating required inspections and license renewals.
- Work with Chief Engineers and building engineers to ensure maximum efficiencies and service capabilities are being met and preventive maintenance systems and work order request systems are in order and up to date.
- Develop and Manage tenant request systems and preventative maintenance systems through the on-line work order system, Angus Anywhere.
- 8-10 years of experience in facility management, commercial building operations and building maintenance
- Relevant experience in the development of energy management strategic planning and training of engineering staff
- Must demonstrate extensive understanding of the electrical, mechanical and energy management systems of commercial medical office buildings.
- Previous experience in supervision of building maintenance personnel.