Healthcare Trust of America is seeking a Chief Engineer for its commercial medical office buildings portfolio in the Phoenix metro area.
The Chief Engineer position will be responsible for the day-to-day efficient operations, service and maintenance of the structural, mechanical, electrical and all other systems/equipment serving one or more properties as well as provide oversight and guidance to an engineering staff of approximately 6 facilities/building engineers throughout the Phoenix metro area. The day to day building responsibilities include but are not limited to: providing hands on service, repair, maintenance, operation, and guidance to Associates/Vendors and the general upkeep of the properties.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises and directs Vendors, Contractors and property engineering staff in the day-to-day operations, service, and maintenance of all structural, mechanical, electrical and all other systems/equipment serving the property.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair HVAC, electric, plumbing, building automation or energy management systems, door hardware, and basic construction principals.
- Ability to read, understand and utilize wiring diagrams, schematics, drawings, and blueprints.
- HVAC repair and troubleshooting skills including heat pumps, chillers, boilers, RTU’s, VAV’s, heat exchangers, pumps, etc.
- Plumbing repairs and troubleshooting skills to include copper and PVC pipe repair and replacement.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks on physical structures, plumbing, HVAC, and electrical systems.
- Work with subcontractors and vendors as needed.
- Respond to and completes as appropriate, tenant service requests regarding lighting, plumbing, heating, cooling, and other building related issues.
- Outstanding written/oral communication skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to climb and work from ladders, man hoists or lifts, and the ability to repeatedly lift and carry heavy loads (up to 50 lbs.).
- Ability to perform on call duties as required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma required
- 3-years minimum hands-on maintenance experience in the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of building mechanical systems, including HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems required
- Outstanding written/oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Training Certificates a plus
- Valid driver’s license